HSU Freshmen Fall Welcome 2011
- Establishment of the Hmong Student Union by UC Davis students lead by Paul Lo (1st HSU president), Blong Roger Ly, Paul Her, and Bill Wong.
1993 – 1998
- Organized the 1st Annual High School Educational Outreach Conference.
- Began an annual HSU newsletter titled, “The Story Cloth,” that was published quarterly.
- Recipient of the Student Leadership Award by the UC Davis Office of the Vice .
- Recipient of the 1993-1994 UC Davis Community Service Award by the Human Corps.
- Hosted the 1st Annual HSU Spring Formal Boat Dance on the Delta King Riverboat on the Sacramento River.
- Created the Southeast Asian Furthering Education (SAFE) student group.
- HSC participants exceeded 300 count.
2000 – 2001
- HSU in the Political Arena: HSU members lead the “Teach-In” outside Mrak Hall to address student demands on cultural issues.
- Hosted the 1st Annual Masquerade Ball that replaced the Riverboat Dance.
- Hosted the 1st Annual College Experience Days event to extend HSC’s mission.
- Recipient of the Student Leadership Award by the UC Davis Office of the Vice Chancellor.
- Recipient of the 2000-2001 Outstanding Organization for Community Service by the Human Corps.
- Recipient of the Kaplan’s Outstanding Contribution Award by UC Davis.
2006 – 2008
- Winter Quarter, after 8 years, HSU is no longer the mother organization of SAFE.
- Tub Ntxhais Hmoob of HSU come together to perform Hmong dances in the group “Hmong Motionz,” which is founded by a UC Davis & HSU alumni.
- HSU hosts the Hmong Students Inter-Collegiate Coalition Meeting at UC Davis.
- Created the HSU Library for members as a resource to lend, buy, and sell textbooks online.
2010 – 2015
- Redesigned the HSU logo but kept the original qeej symbol.
- Renamed the High School Conference replacing it with Higher Education Conference.
- Held the first HSU Scholarship Banquet.
- Organized the first Rose Ball replacing the Masquerade Ball.
- Held the first four day, three night Hmong youth conference.